11/29/2005

A Punk-Rock Thanksgiving.

Well, not entirely a punk-rock Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of puking going on. However none of it was alcohol induced. And luckily, none of it was turkey induced either. Top 3 reasons Thanksgiving Day this year had all the potential of being quite disastrous:
  1. The Rascal met my parents for the first time.
  2. My father is a raging Democrat the Rascal is a staunch Republican.
  3. My Grandmother thinks everyone I date is in The Mafia. (no shit)
Of course there are more than 3 reasons why the day could have gone horribly wrong. But the fact is, it was ok. In fact, besides a few off-putting comments by my brother's girlfriend Thanksgiving Day was almost boring. So anyway like I was saying, having your boyfriend meet the parents on turkey day, yawn. But having your Angelbaby vomit continuously at your boyfriend's house all day on: the Friday after the feast, priceless. We had a Holiday night fishing-fishbait-unwashed hands-turkey sandwich- crisis. Angelbaby spewed like a shaken soda, all day long. And to top it off, what ever virus she picked up from the bait was passed on to me two days later. The silver lining: I think I actually lost 5 lbs. Oi!

3 comments:

Solderjunkie said...

Sorry to hear that the weekend resulted in a spontaneous supermodel diet, guess it could have turned out worse. Hope that Angelbaby is feeling better!

prettyhelmet said...

poor angelbaby. give her kisses from me.
glad that your thanksgiving was uneventful otherwise.

Kenneth said...

um, yuck?