9/26/2005

I Guess You Could Say, I Like Betty Page.

The last thing I would ever want to be called is a feminist. I'm not saying that WonderWoman isn't my favorite comic book character, or that I don't own a Rosey the Riveter t-shirt. Because she is and I do. But I believe women should take their husbands name when they marry. And I know that our military (supposedly) will never draft for a war again. However should they ever decide to reinstate the draft and expand it to include young ladies- I WILL BE ONE PISSED MOTHER! I saw a bumper sticker the other day that read "Well behaved women rarely make history." I immediately thought to myself "Yes, I am making history." While pondering further on the matter I began to remember a certain self proclaimed feminist that I wanted to back-hand. She was my husband's best friend's fiancée. That troglodyte waltzed into my 23rd birthday party shouting that I was being oppressed because I had been given a Betty Page t-shirt. Nevermind the fact that I had specifically asked for the shirt. She then proceeded to explain to me that I was too stupid to think for myself and that some man had obviously convinced me that I like Betty Page. Furthermore, I should assert myself and make my man listen. Anyway, we argued until I started yelling "I'm being oppressed by a feminist!" which queued her fiancé to take her drunk ass home. After that incident I avoided her like the plague. That night I realized that the feminist movement is not about being equal anymore. It is about being dominant. And I don't want that job. Of course, I do not have any intentions of being well behaved either.

3 comments:

Solderjunkie said...

Right on. If everybody could accept, respect and value their own wierd little human selfs, and everyone else too, there would be few "-isms" in this world.

Irish Geisha said...

Awe, Shucks. *blush*

Kenneth said...

Can I import you to SF to give the women here a talk on your enlightened sense of feminism?

Ever see the scene in the blues brothers when they play Rock in a hick, er, "county-western preferred" bar?

I think your talk would go down something like that...