11/03/2005

Addiction

Got hooked today. Yep, a new addiction. An entire cup of coffee passed through my lips today and I didn't gag once. The full pot beckoned to me. "Just a sip." My mouth watered as I poured myself a steaming cup of liquid caffeine. The bitter mocha sweetness caressed the back of my throat before it sank deep in my belly. Mmm. Good to the last drop. I know what you're thinking- big fucking deal right? Well it is a big deal. Everybody knows coffee is a gateway drug. Next thing you know I'll be smoking 2 packs of Camel filterless a day. I've been so strong until now. I worked in a coffee shop for years and never fell to temptation. But those days are over my friends. I have brought shame upon myself. I wonder if there is a convenient Starbucks on my route to work.

1 comment:

Solderjunkie said...

MMM....coffee, sweet nectar of the gods, rouser of damp spirits, elixer of the overworked, itenerate master of nocturnal life..... How could you not have found it sooner?