11/30/2005

It's My Wonderful Life

Most of the time, I really hate the fact that I never moved from Birmingham. I feel like George Bailey trapped in Bedford Falls. For those of you who have never seen It's a Wonderful Life I'd first like to say: crawl out from under that rock, it's nice out here and second: the main character George Bailey never ends up leaving that hell-hole town called Bedford Falls because some stupid angel needs a pair of wings. Anyway. Today I had a wonderful life moment. No, friends and family did not gather to sing wretchedly off-tune and hand me fists full of money. However, the cop that pulled me over tonight for my expired tag just happened to be an ex-football player from my old highschool. When he remembered me, and by all accounts he should not have remembered for we never actually knew each other then, he let me go with a warning. Yep, it's great to be in my home town.

No comments: