7/22/2005

Irish Geisha Syndrome

I have a syndrome. I'm not sure which one but I am positive there is a name for my syndrome somewhere out there. My days run together so that I never feel like I have time to blog. I find myself making up blog titles for every detail of my day. When I sit at the computer I can't decide on anything to write so I write nothing. Yep. A syndrome. That's what I have. Maybe if someone hasn't named it already they'll name it after me. Irish Geisha Syndrome or IGS. So anyways, before I was afflicted by the IGS I had the opportunity to attend the Art from the Heart auction last Sunday. A benefit for Studio By The Tracks at the B&A Warehouse. If helping a non-profit org."provide free art classes to special needs adults and emotionally conflicted children" was not a good enough reason to cough up $50 to attend, then maybe it was the food. It was catered by Kathy G. & Co and the turn out was far greater than I had expected. All the best artists from the Birmingham area contributed as well as students of the studio. I wish I could say I paid the 50-bucks to get in but contributors get in free. And since my company donated framing supplies... And since I am broke due to the new apartment rent and associated bills... I got in for free. However I did manage to bid, by silent auction, on a lovely photo by this fellow and won it for the bargain price of $10. A milestone has passed. Not to mention that I helped two birds with one stone. The studio and the local art community. And did I mention the chocolate fountain? Chocolate. Fountain. As I was sticking a skewer into a giant marshmallow some man walks up to me and asks "Is this really chocolate?" "No." I said "It is the Fountain of Youth, enjoy yourself." After some consideration, I am pretty sure I developed my syndrome shortly after partaking of the chocolate of the fountain.

No comments: