4/10/2005

And I don’t take out the trash either!

Sometimes I look at my life and I wish I had done everything by the book. College degree, career, marriage, 2.3 kids maybe a couple pets. You know, white picket fence and a two-car garage. Then other times I believe that that life would never have suited the artist in me. Last week The Player was talking about buying a new house. He said, “"I'’d like a big yard, and a wife to cut the grass.”" He was clearly joking. Without even turning my head I cut my eyes at him and said, “"Good luck with that."” I was not joking. The more I think about it, the more I believe I am not suitable for domestic life. Sure I can cook and clean. But I don'’t cut the grass and I don’'t take out the trash either. Even when I lived alone I did no’t take out the trash. The first couple of times NHP came for a visit at my apartment he politely offered to take out the trash for me. After some time he would just walk in and curse me for being the nastiest girl he had ever met, while he was taking out my trash. Another big headache for others seems to be my laundry habits. I tend to live out of a laundry basket rather than putting my clothes away. Clothes that get worn more than once before washing usually end up draped over the footboard of my bed. And dirty clothes generally live in the bathroom floor until I decide it’ is time to wash. In fact, of the two men that I have lived with, neither would share a bathroom with me. So I guess you could say, I’m not that easy to live with. I am dead set against ever having a live-in lover again. Not so much because of my domestic ineptness, but more due to the fact that I have a kid. However, I’'m not opposed entirely to the idea of getting married again if the right man comes along. Whether or not that actually happens we shall see.

1 comment:

Irish Geisha said...

bookend, you are the voice of reason!