9/08/2004

The Tree of Life

I have begun reading a book called "The Mystical Qabalah" by Dion Forture.( Not to be confused with Warwick) Not because it's all the rage in Hollywood or because the Bible just doesn't do it for me. But equally as flippant, it is a sincere effort to better understand my boyfriend. He's always talking about left hand path this, plot it out on the tree that. Frankly, the boy talks a lot and most of his qabalah jargon gets filtered out by my handy dandy "hear what I want to hear" boyfriend filter. So the other day he was going on about having chosen the right hand path and I really didn't want to ask him to explain what the hell he was talking about, trust me a lecture would have ensued. So, I decided fine-I'll have a go. Now, I have to say I'm all about Jesus but my parents were not religious in the least. I remember being six years old and at my own request my mother put me on a church bus to be shuffled off to Sunday school by myself because for what ever reason she didn't want to go. My father never talked about religion except to randomly spout off "Give your heart to Jesus Christ" for no apparent reason. So pretty much I have been uninfluenced by my parents and though I was baptized when I was 19 I'm still pretty open to new concepts. (or new to me anyway) The Gospel- I am on chapter 10 of 27. So far I have learned there is a tree of life that is the "glyph" of all existence. Now like I've said, I'm open. I mean I've seen the movie "Pi," I've read "The Bible Code" by Michael Drosnin. I totally can grasp that the universe is built on a system of numbers. But, whoopity do! It's like telling Neo the matrix does exist, here's a picture of the code. Oh yea, by the by you can control the universe if you figure out how to work the damn thing. I suspect the second half of the book will be dedicated to teaching me exactly how to work the damn thing. Oh Hoorah! I just find it very hard to believe that if some group of chosen Jews- rabbis no less, has knowledge above and beyond the King James Version, that they would feel the urge to share it with whitey white. I mean if said knowledge does exist on earth, and the all mighty wanted everybody to get in on it, don't you think he could have spammed us by now? Anyway, I'm really trying to keep an open mind. My boyfriend swears Qabalah changed his life. I haven't seen the proof. At any rate, he is excited that I'm reading it and convinced it will change my life as well. We shall see.

1 comment:

Irish Geisha said...

Growing up in the bible belt I have to say it's always nice to meet a felow heathen.