7/24/2005

How to drive me crazy. Chapter 1.

Nothing bad really, but it drives me crazy when people say things in parting that leave me thinking "Did you really just say that?" Sales folks call it the parting shot. It is meant as a final effort to peak your interest and hopefully buy into what ever is for sale. Dictionary.com defines it as an act of aggression or retaliation... But in my experience people also use it as a way to get a point across without having to face a return opinion. Generally speaking, I am not very quick on the draw so, the parting shot almost always catches me off guard. Therein lies the rub. By the time I realize I've been "shot" my beautiful sub-conscience is already singing the "you can not be sure" tune. Then I think-well, maybe I just heard what I wanted to hear. That leaves me with the dilemma -to ask or not to ask. And that drives me crazy.

2 comments:

Irish Geisha said...

No anecdote today-just rambling on due partially to lack of sleep.

Irish Geisha said...

There was no pee in my cornflakes! Geez can't a girl have a thought in her head without being angry about it? Notice the title of the post was not "How to piss me off" that wasn't a coinsidence.