4/16/2005

"Blessed are the forgetful…"

Several people have told me that I resemble Kate Winslet. As anyone can plainly see I've got at least 20lbs on her, but figuring that there are worse people that I could be compared to it has never bothered me. There is a first time for everything. I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the first time today. A couple weeks ago I finally found someone that would tell me the end of the movie. (I think suspense it totally over-rated.) Anyway, knowing the ending is not what ruined it for me. 5seconds before the movie starts, Tori turns to me and says something to the effect of: just so you know, you have been compared to Clementine. THANKS FOR THAT! So. The entire movie all I can think about is: I don’t do that; I’m not like that. Etc. Etc. After some thought, I must own that I am most certainly like Clementine. Not entirely mind you, but she is pieces of me. I have worn my share of techno colored hair. I am eccentric, sometimes impulsive. And given the opportunity, I would most definitely erase portions of my memory. Off the top of my head the memory of two men could easily be done without. And that my friends, is the mutha-fuckin’ short list. I know, I know the moral of the story was that if you forget the past then you are doomed to repeat it. That is exactly why, as a general rule, I do not stay friends with anyone after we break up. I don’t want to repeat the same mistake. On second thought, maybe I wouldn’t erase my memory. Truly I am not that impulsive. Maybe “as a lark” I would have a letter sent out announcing that all had been forgotten. Just to show what a “vindictive little bitch” I can be. Or maybe I would just get on with my life. Just as I do now. “I'm not a concept. Too many guys think I'm a concept or I complete them or I'm going to make them alive, but I'm just a fucked up girl who is looking for my own peace of mind. Don't assign me yours.”

2 comments:

Irish Geisha said...

Jason loves me.

Irish Geisha said...

Only Two? :(